Is article mai hum aapko Past Perfect Continuous Tense ki definition, formation, usage aur structure ke baare mai detail mai batayenge examples ke saath. Toh aaiye jante hai Past Perfect Continuous Tense in Hindi.
Past Tenses four types ke hote hai. Woh hai, Simple Past Tense, Past Perfect Tense, Past Continuous Tense aur Past Perfect Continuous Tense. Hamari Josh Talks ki site par aapko bataaye gaye Tenses par based articles detail mai mil jayenge. Aap Past Perfect Continuous Tense par based article ke saath saath dusre Saare Tenses ke articles bhi dekh sakte hai. Toh chaliye aage badhte hai aur jaante hai detail mai Past Perfect Continuous Tense in Hindi.
Josh Skills App par Sikhe Fluent English Bolna
Definition Of Past Perfect Continuous Tense In Hindi
Past Perfect Continuous Tense ko Past Perfect Progressive Tense bhi kaha jata hai aur ise Hindi mai kehte hai Poorn Nirantar Bhoothkaal. Past Perfect Continuous Tense us action ko darshata hai jo past mai shuru hua ho aur wo continue hua ho past ke kisi dusre time period tak.
Josh Skills App par Sikhe Fluent English Bolna
Past Perfect ContinuousTense in Hindi konsi situations ya actions ko describe karne ke liye use hota hai?
Past Perfect Continuous Tense ki definition ko jaanne ke baad aaiye dekhte hai ke ye Tense konse situations ya actions ko darshata hai, yani ki iska usage konsi situation mai hota hai.
Hum Past Perfect Progressive Tense ka use kisi action ko describe karne ke liye karte hai jo past mai shuru hua aur continue hua past mein kisi aur time tak.
- She had been speaking for nearly an hour before her father arrived; Wo nearly ek ghante tak baat kar rahi thi jab uske father aaye.
- They had been working for three days before they were fed; Wo teen din tak kaam kar rahe they unko khana khilane se pehle.
- We had been walking for five miles before we noticed we forgot my little brother at home; Hum five miles tak chale they usse pehle ke hum ye notice karte ke hum mere chote bhai ko ghar par bhool aaye hai.
- Sweety hadn’t been working for thirty minutes when the robbers entered the bank; Sweety thirty minutes pehle tak kaam nahi kar rahi jab robbers bank mai enter hue.
- Had you been waiting long when the bus arrived?; Kya tum bahut der tak wait kar rahe they jab bus aayi?
Jab hum describe karte hai cause and effect us baat ka jo past mai hui ho.
- Grandma was tired because she had been watching the kids all day; Grandma thak chuki thi kyon ki unhone saara din bacchon ki dekhbhal ki thi.
- Terry was bored because he had been typing for 4 hours; Terry bore ho gaya tha kyon ki wo 4 hours se typing kar raha tha.
- He did well in his exam because he had been studying for months; Usne exam me accha kiya kyon ki wo mahino se padhai kar raha tha.
When Not To Use Past Perfect Continuous Tense In Hindi?
Continuous Tenses, Stative Verbs yani ki Non Continuous Tense ke saath use nahi kiye ja sakte.
Aaiye hum aapko samjhate hai is ka matlab kya hai. Non-Continuous Tense jinhe Stative Verbs bhi kaha jata hai ye wo Verbs hote hai jinko hum normally Continuous Tenses ke saath use nahi karte. Ye “Stative Verbs” jaisa ke inka naam hai, “state” ke baare mai batate hai na ki “action” ke baare mai, aur ye continuous or progressive aspect ko express nahi kar paate. Aaiye Non-Continuous Tense ke kuch examples dekhte hai. Feeling, Like, Hate, Prefer, Wish etc.
- She had been wanting to leave until Jenny showed up. – Incorrect
- She had wanted to leave until Jenny showed up – Correct
Note karne wali baat ye hai ki bina kisi time duration ke, bahut se speakers use karte hai Past Continuous Tense jabke wahan par Past Perfect Continuous Tense applicable hota hai. Yeh sentence ka meaning change kar sakta hai.
Past Continuous Tense Aur Past Perfect Continuous Tense Mai Kya Difference Hai?
Past Continuous Tense use kiya jata hai kisi present mai ho rahe interrupted action ko emphasize karne ke liye, lekin Past Perfect Continuous Tense use hota hai us duration of time ko batane ke liye jo kisi situation ya action ke hone se pehle beeta ho.
Example of Past Continuous Tense
- She was exhausted because she was working so much; Woh exhaust ho chuki kyon ki wo bahut kaam kar rahi thi.
Yeh sentence imply karta hai ki wo exhaust ho chuki thi kyon ki wo kaam kar rahi thi usi moment par.
Example of Past Perfect ContinuousTense
- She was exhausted because she had been working so much; Woh exhaust ho chuki kyon ki wo bahut kaam kar rahi hai.
Yeh sentence bata raha hai ki woh exhaust ho chuki kyon ke wo kaam kar rahi hai ek period of time se. Ab yahan par ye dhyan rakhe ke ho sakta hai ki wo ab bhi kaam kar rahi hai ya uska kaam finish ho chuka hai.
Ab aap jaan gaye honge ke Past Perfect Progessive Tense kis tarah use hota hai aur Past Continous Tense aur Past Perfect Continuous Tense mai kya difference Hai.
Spelling Rules of Past Perfect Continuous Tense In Hindi
Past Perfect Continuous Tense ke baare mai extra information jaaniye related to:
- spelling exceptions for verbs and
- time expressions ko aap use kar sakte hai .
Spellings ko sahi tarah se form karne ke liye hum ko kabhi ek letter ko remove karna padh sakta hai ya kabhi kuch letters add karne padhte hai. Inke kuch rules ya exceptions hote hai. Aaiye dekhte hai wo kya hai.
- Verbs jo “e” se end hote hai
Jin Verbs ke end mai last letter “e” hota hai hum us letter ke end se “e” ko nikal kar usey replace karte hai “ing” se. Yani ki hum word ke end mai jo “e” hai usko nikal kar uski place par “ing” add karte hai.
- [live] I’d been living in Germany.
- [save] I hadn’t been saving money for a new car.
2. Verbs jo “ee” se end hote hai
In Verbs mai hum Past Perfect Continuous Tense ko form karne ke liye jo rule use karte hai yahan bhi hum wohi rule use karenge. Yani ki hum “ee” ke baad “ing” add karenge.
[see] He’d been seeing his friends.
3. Verbs jo end hote hai consonant + one stressed vowel se + one consonant se
In Verbs mai hum last wale consonant ko double kar dete hai aur phir add karte hai “ing”
[stop] I’d been stopping work early.
4. Verbs jo unstressed Vowel se end hote hai.
Ye Verbs normal rules follow karte hai aur inme last consonant ko double nahi kiya jata.
[develop] They’d been developing a new idea at the company.
5. Verbs jo end hote hai “i” se (British English)
In Verbs mai final consonant ko double kiya jata hai aur word ke end mai “ing” add kiya jata hai.
[travel] I’d been travelling with friends.
6. Verbs jin ke end mein aata hai “ie”
Verbs mai “ie” change kiya jata hai “y” mai aur iske baad add karte hai “ing”
[lie] She’d been lying to the teacher.
7. Verbs jinke end mein aata hai “ic”
In Verbs mai hum “ic” ke baad “k” lagate hai aur uske baad add karte hai “ing”.
[panic] He’d been panicking about the exam.
Time expressions used with past perfect continuous Tense In Hindi
Time makers ko Past Perfect Continuous Tense ke saath use kiya ja sakta hai aur past ke do different times ko relate kiya ja sakta hai
- For – “For” word connect karta hai past ke period of time ko kisi aur time se jo past mai hi ho.
I’d been working at this company for two years (when I got promoted).
- When – “When” word un moments ko darshane ke liye use hota hai jo past mai kisi specific time par hue ho..
I’d been working with this company for two years, when I got promoted.
Recognition, Formation, Pronoun Contractions and Examples Of Past Perfect ContinuousTense In Hindi
Past Perfect Continuous Tense three types of sentences mai use kiye jaate hai. Aaiye dekhte hai wo kya hai.
- Past Perfect Continuous Affirmative
- Past Perfect Continuous Negative
- Past Perfect Continuous Interrogative
Aaiye aage badhte hai aur dekhte hai ye kya hai aur ye kaise form hote hai aur sentence mai kaise use kiye jate hai.
- Affirmative Sentence – Formation Aur Examples
Hum Affirmative ka use positive sentences ko form karne ke liye use karte hai.
Formation and Recognition
Aaiye dekhte hai Past Perfect Continuous Tense Affirmative Sentence ka structure.
Subject + Auxiliary Verb + Main Verb + Objects + Time-Reference.
Subject + had been + Present Participle + (Base form of Verb + ing) + Object + Time-Reference
Note: Hum subject Pronouns ko contract bhi kar sakte hai.
Example of Subject Pronoun Contractions In Affirmative Sentences
- I had been living in Australia; Mai Australia mein raha karta tha
I’d been living in Australia (Contracted Form)
- You had been living in Australia; Tum Australia mein raha karte they
You’d been living in Australia (Contracted Form)
- He / She / It had been living in Australia; Woh / Woh / Woh Cheez Australia mein raha karte they.
He’d / She’d / It’d been living in Australia (Contracted Form)
- They had been living in Australia; Woh Australia mein raha karte they.
They’d been living in Australia. (Contracted Form)
- She had been watching the movie for two hours; Woh do ghante se movie dekh rahi thi.
- She had been studying in the university since 2008; Woh 2008 se university mai padh rahi thi.
- They were playing football since 10 O’clock; Woh 10 O’clock se football khel rahe they.
- He had been working for a Newspaper for five years; Wo five years se Newspaper ke liye kaam kar raha tha.
- They had been running their business since 1987; Woh log 1987 se apna business chala rahe they.
- She had been waiting for you since Wednesday; Woh Wednesday se tumhara wait kar rahi thi.
- They had been studying for the exam for three months; Wo log three months se exam ke liye padhai kar rahe they.
- She had been teaching students since 3rd June’1990; Woh students ko 3rd June’1990 se padha rahi they.
- I had been applying for jobs since 2012; Mai 2012 se jobs ke liye apply kar raha tha.
2. Negative Sentence – Formation And Examples
Jab hum Past Perfect Continuous Tense Negative Form mai use karte hai to Verb jo bhi action ho raha tha usko deny karta hai.
Formation and Recognition
Aaiye dekhte hai Past Perfect Continuous Tense Negative Sentence ka structure.
Subject + Auxiliary Verb + Main Verb + Objects + Time-Reference.
Subject + had not been + Present Participle + (Base form of Verb + ing) + Object + Time-Reference
Example of Subject Pronoun Contractions In Negative Sentences
- I had not been living in Australia; Mai Australia mai nahi raha tha
I hadn’t been living in Australia (Contracted Form)
- You had not been living in Australia; Tum Australia mai nahi rehte they
You hadn’t been living in Australia (Contracted Form)
- He / She / It had not been living in Australia; Woh / Woh / Woh Cheez Australia mai nahi rehte they.
He / She / It hadn’t been living in Australia (Contracted Form)
- They had not been living in Australia; Woh Australia mai nahi rehte they.
They hadn’t been living in Australia. (Contracted Form)
Examples of Negative Sentence Formation in Past Perfect Continuous Tense in Hindi
- They had not been doing their work since 2003; Woh apna kaam 2003 se nahi kar rahe they.
- He had not been eating vegetables for three years; Woh three years se vegetables nahi kha raha tha.
- She had not been cleaning the house since Jan 2020; Woh Jan 2020 se ghar ki safai nahi kar rahi tha.
- Kid had not been drinking milk for five months; Baccha five months se doodh nahi pi raha tha.
- He had not been taking medicine for six months; Usne six months se dawai nai li thi.
- I had not been listening to music since last thursday; Maine last thursday se music nahi suni thi.
- She had not been trying to get a job since 2001; Woh 2001 se job ke liye try nahi kar rahi thi.
- You had not been reading this book for ten months; Tum 10 months se ye book nahi padh rahe they.
- He had not been playing chess since 4 O’clock.; Usne 4 O’clock se chess nahi khela tha.
Ab aap samajh chuke honge ke kis tarah form kiya jata hai Negative Sentence of Past Continuous Tense in Hindi. Ab aage badhte hai Interrogative Sentences ki oar.
3. Interrogative Sentence – Formation Aur Examples
Interrogative form kisi cheez ya situation ke baare mai questions poochne ke liye use karte hai jo past mai kisi time duration ke liye hua ho. Aaiye dekhte hai structure of Interrogative sentences in Past Perfect Continuous Tense in Hindi.
Formation and Recognition
Had + Subject + Been + Present Participle + Object + Time – Reference + Question Mark(?)
Interrogative Sentences mai contracted words nahi hote lekin form kiye gaye questions ke answers contracted form mai diya ja sakta hai. Aaiye dekhte hai.
Examples of Contracted Answers for Interrogative Sentences.
- Had I / You been living in Australia?; Kya mai / tum Australia mai reh raha tha ya reh rahe they?
- Had he / She / It been living in Australia?; Kya woh / woh / woh cheez Australia mai reh rahe they?
- Had we / they been living in Australia; Kya hum / woh Australia mai reh rahe they?
Short (Contracted) Answers For Above Example Questions
- Yes, I / You had; No, I / You hadn’t.
- Yes, he / she / it had; No, he / she / it hadn’t.
- Yes, we / they had; No, we / they hadn’t
Examples Of Interrogative Sentence Formation
- Had they been working on their project since 2005?; Kya woh 2005 se us project par kaam kar rahe they?
- Had she been waiting for her husband for one year?; Kya wo ek saal se apne husband ka wait kar rahi thi?
- Had he been eating vegetables for seven months?; Kya wo seven months se vegetables kha raha thi?
- Had he been using the same car since 2004?; Kya woh 2004 se same car use kar raha hai?
- Had I been using my camera since 15th September’2019?; Kya mai apna camera 15th September’2019 se use kar rahi thi?
- Had the baby been crying for one hour?; Kya baby one hour se ro raha hai?
Exercises/Worksheet/Activities Of Past Perfect Tense In Hindi
Neeche diye gaye sentences ko Past Perfect ContinuousTense mai likhiye aur apna progress check kijiye neeche diye gaye answers ke saath.
- He (not, bath) in the rain since morning.
- He (write) an interesting essay.
- I (take) the dose of medicine for two days.
- The farmer (plant) since morning.
- I (learn) English.
- The child (week) bitterly for one hour.
- Rita (drive) the black car for five years.
- The children (watch) the TV all day long.
- John (smoke) for five years.
- The mechanic (fix) my bike since morning.
- I (plan) my holidays for one week.
- He (obey) the orders of his boss.
- He had not been bathing in the rain since morning.
- He had been writing an interesting essay.
- I had been taking the dose of medicine for two days.
- The farmer had been planting since morning.
- I had been learning English.
- The child had been weeping bitterly for one hour.
- Rita had been driving the black car for five years.
- The children had been watching the TV all day long.
- John had been smoking for five years.
- The mechanic had been fixing my bike since morning.
- I had been planning my holidays for one week.
- He had been obeying the orders of his boss.
Fill In The Blanks With Past Perfect ContinuousTense
- We ___________(sleep) for 12 hours when he woke us up.
- They____________ (wait) at the station for 90 minutes when the train finally arrived.
- We ____________(look for) her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom.
- I _____________(not / walk) for a long time, when it suddenly began to rain.
- How long __________(learn / she) English before she went to London?
- Frank Sinatra caught the flu because he __________ (sing) in the rain too long.
- He ____________(drive) less than an hour when he ran out of petrol.
- They were very tired in the evening because they___________ (help) on the farm all day.
- I ____________(not / work) all day; so I wasn’t tired and went to the disco at night.
- They ____________(cycle) all day so their legs were sore in the evening.
- We had been sleeping for 12 hours when he woke us up.
- They had been waiting at the station for 90 minutes when the train finally arrived.
- We had been looking for her ring for two hours and then we found it in the bathroom.
- I had not been walking for a long time, when it suddenly began to rain.
- How long had she been learning English before she went to London?
- Frank Sinatra caught the flu because he had been singing in the rain too long.
- He had been driving less than an hour when he ran out of petrol.
- They were very tired in the evening because they had been helping on the farm all day.
- I had not been working all day; so I wasn’t tired and went to the disco at night.
- They had been cycling all day so their legs were sore in the evening.
Is quiz mai Past Perfect Continuous Tense in Hindi se related 10 questions diye gaye hai aur har question ka correct answer bataiye. Neeche diye gaye answers se aap apna progress check kar sakte hai.
1. My dad ________ smoking in the garage.
- had been
2. The printer ________ working well.
- had not been
- had not
3. Had the players _____ playing by the rules?
4. She ________ expecting the worst.
- ‘d been
- had being
5. Had the teachers ________ before the strike?
- been work
- been working
6. Our pool pump ________ running properly before the storm.
- had not have
- hadn’t been
- hadn’t being
7. My sister’s roommate was upset. She _____ been waiting for an hour.
8. I just heard about the accident. ________ been working all night?
- Had the driver
- Had the driving
- Have the driver
9. We were shocked to see her. ________ been expecting her.
- We are
- We have
- We’d not
10. I finally reached my mom. ________ her all day.
- I’d been calling
- I have called
- I called
1. had been
2. had not been
4. ‘d been
5. been working
6. hadn’t been
8. Had the driver
9. We’d not
10. I’d been calling
Is article ko padhne ke baad aap acche se samajh gaye honge ke English grammar seekhna kitna important hai apni English ko develop karne ke liye. Aap ko Past Perfect Continuous Tense ke baare mai saari information di gayi hai is article mai aur saath hi mai hamare dwara diye gaye exercises ko karne ke baad aap Past Perfect Progressive Tense ko aur bhi acche se samajh gaye honge aur asha hai ki aap iska use apne bolne aur likhne mai easily kar paayenge.
Josh Skills app par aap isi tarah ke kayi saare articles pa sakte hai jo English grammar par based hai. Jaise ke Noun in Hindi, Verbs in Hindi, Prepositions kya hote hai, Adjectives kya hote hai, Present Perfect Tense, Past Perfect Tense, Seekhe English Vocabulary etc.
Join Josh Skills Spoken English Course
Judiye 20,000+ logo ko jo Josh ke saath English bolna aur padhna seekh rahe hai. Iss Spoken English Course ko aise design kiya gaya hai, ki koi bhi basic learner iss course se apne theoretical and practical grammar ko improve kar sakta hai. Everyday situations mei english ko kaise most effectively use kiya jaa sakta hai – iss par bhi extra dhyaan diya jaata hai.
Toh aaj hi shuru kare apni learning journey Josh Skills ke courses ke sath.