- Josh Talks App is a community of serious learners: We believe that everyone should have access to quality education. Our guidelines are meant to build a mutual understanding of what being a part of this community is all about. We will take action if any of these guidelines are not upheld, so please read carefully.
- Always be Respectful: We come together from across the country at varying learning levels with the same goal in mind – to learn. Curiosity, questioning, and cultural understanding are something we celebrate. Be respectful of others and where they’re coming from.
- Help and support across all skill levels: We are all in this together. Learning a language is hard and takes a lot of courage and dedication. If someone uses incorrect grammar or has a question you think has an obvious answer, kindly and calmly help them out. Heckling and being straight up mean doesn’t help anyone learn. Can’t say it nicely? Don’t weigh in.
- Embrace and share regional language differences: A language can have many words, accents and ways to say the same thing. We think that’s one of the wonders of languages. Approach these conversations with an open mind and attitude.
- Think before you share: We care about your safety. Speaking another language is inherently social, but please beware of swapping any private information that could be misused. That includes your phone number, age, address, what time you’ll be at home, school name, email, or other personal information that could put your privacy at risk. Simply put: don’t over-share. Sharing and encouraging others to share personal data might get your account removed.
Please don’t use Josh Talks App to…
- Attack a person or group of people with words and actions: Josh Talks App is a safe place for learners of all backgrounds. Harassment and hurtful content will not be tolerated. Using symbols, names and text that promote hate—as well as harassing, stalking, impersonating, and making sexual remarks towards someone—are considered abuse. The same goes for nudity and disturbing profile pictures and usernames. As stated in the terms, Josh Talks App reserves the right to replace images or remove these accounts at its sole discretion. Rule of thumb: if you are making someone feel attacked or hurt, then you shouldn’t be doing it. We take these reports seriously and may delete your account without previous notice if such activity is verified by our team.
- Use inappropriate language on calls: Using abusive, irrelevant, illegal and inappropriate language on practice partner calls or anywhere on Josh Talks App may get your account deleted.
- Script or cheat maliciously: Josh Talks App believes in honest learning. If you are scripting for the purposes of cheating or sharing information and instructions about using Josh Talks App in a way that may impact the system, community, learning, data or experience in a negative or significant manner, your account and posts may be removed.
- Mentioning inflammatory comments: Hateful, obscene and off-topic comments don’t contribute to learning. Cursing doesn’t either (let people discover those words in the wild). Leave them out of the language discussions.
- To Summarize:
We do not tolerate content that is:
- Excessively profane or violent
- Threatening, harassing, or bullying
- Associated with racism or intolerance
- Impersonating someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Personal confidential information
Please don’t waste your time looking for loopholes; we will remove any content that violates the spirit of these guidelines and you will risk losing partial or full access to Josh Talks App without warning. By following these guidelines, we will all contribute to an interesting and helpful learning community.